Come and meet your trans and intersex whānau / family from the Pacific, Australia, Asia and beyond. Local trans and intersex activists are hosting a regional gathering 15 March, the day before the Outgames human rights conference.
|Date||Tues 15 March 2011|
|Time||9.30am – 5.30pm|
|Place||St Andrews on the Terrace Hall, 30 The Terrace, Wellington|
|$$ / cost?||FREE|
|Register||Fill out the registration form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28 February|
|Volunteer to help||NOW!|
This regional hui/gathering is a chance for trans and intersex activists and those who support them to:
- share the work they are doing to improve human rights in their own countries
- learn the terms used to describe gender diversity across this region, in many languages
- develop a stronger regional network that reflects that diversity
- identify the challenges trans and intersex communities face, and the support they can give each other
- build trust, get to know each other and have fun!
There is no registration cost for the hui. However people need to fund their travel to Wellington and accommodation. Download the Regional Hui poster [PDF 476KB] and Regional Hui information sheet and registration [Word 263 KB]. Please pass them on other trans and intersex people, particularly people who will be in Wellington for the 2nd Asia Pacific Outgames.
Trans and intersex people at the regional hui will have an opportunity to report-back to the Outgames human rights conference which runs from Wednesday 16 – Friday 18 March. Many of the trans and intersex participants are giving presentations, running workshops or are members of panels during the 3 day conference.