Kia ora, talofa lava, malo e lelei, fakaalofa lahi atu, nisa bula vinaka, kia orana and welcome to the November 2011 edition of the To Be Who I Am e-newsletter. This issue is full of new resources for schools, health professionals, employers, youth workers, trans people and their families including:
- a trans human rights poster to be launched on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- FAQs for schools as part of the Commission’s new online fact sheets: Trans people: facts and information
- the latest international standards of care for the health of trans people (released on 25 September)
- the first New Zealand guidance for health professionals (released on 1 August)
- recent changes in Australia that improve trans and intersex people’s ability to change sex details on passports and birth certificates
- details of some Transgender Day of Remembrance events in New Zealand
- how to find out what is happening internationally on gender identity and sexual orientation human rights issues, including how to be involved.