How we can help

Where else can I find information?

Often conduct that is unlawful under the Human Rights Act 1993 is also covered by other laws. This means you can make a complaint to the Human Rights Commission or to another organisation. 

If you are unsure who to contact we can help. Contact us free on 0800 496 877 or email [email protected]

Other agencies that may be able to help you are:

For further advice:

The courts and police

Some behaviour that is unlawful under the Act may also be a criminal offence. For example, some types of sexual harassment may also be sexual assaults. Some types of incitement of racial disharmony may qualify as offensive behaviour. People can make a complaint under the Act and also lay criminal charges with the police or begin proceedings through the courts about the same matter. You don’t have to choose one or the other.