Applications are currently open for funding to attend two United Nations meetings on the rights of indigenous people:
- The Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (24 April - 5 May 2017, in New York)
- Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (19 – 23 June 2017, in Geneva)
The deadline to submit applications for funding is 30 November 2016.
Funding is provided by the UN Voluntary Fund for Indigenous Populations. Application forms and further info are available at their website here.
Criteria include that the applicant:
- Is indigenous
- Would not be able to attend otherwise
- Represents an indigenous peoples’ organisation or community
- Would be able to contribute to a deeper knowledge on the issues affecting indigenous peoples (ie, issues affecting Māori in Aotearoa NZ)
You can read more on the full criteria here.
You can read more about the criteria in relation to EMRIP specifically here.
You can access application forms here.