The Council of Trade Unions is kick-starting a round of regional campaign updates on equal pay. These meetings will include the opportunity to plan and set up regional campaign groups.
Following on from the successful Kristine Bartlett equal pay case and the announcement of the Joint Working Group principles in June this year, it is now time for kiwis to be paid what they are worth. We need equal pay for work of equal value for men and women – this means fixing the gender pay imbalance. Together we can win this! Join us in this national campaign mobilising supporters from all over Aotearoa. Come along and find out more about the campaign and be part of organising for equal pay in your region!
CTU equal pay campaigner Camilla Belich will discuss equal pay with members of the community who are interested in being a part of this historic campaign.
When and Where?
- Hamilton: 12.30 pm, Thursday 10 November 2016 at the Agora Café (13b Kent Street, Hamilton).
- Palmerston North: 1 pm, Monday 21 November 2016 at Hancock Community House (77-85 King Street, Palmerston North).
- Nelson: 12.30 pm, Thursday 1 December 2016 at the Victory Community Centre (Totara Street, Nelson).
- Christchurch: 12 noon, Monday 5 December 2016 at Knox Church (28 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch).
- Dunedin: 1pm, Thursday 8 December 2016 at Community House (Brian Arnold Room, Community House, 301 Moray Place, Dunedin).
Free tea, coffee and light refreshments provided.
All welcome, RSVP or find out more: [email protected] or 04 801 0836