The NGO Committee on the Status of Women, an organisation which supports the work of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, as well as UN Women, are now accepting nominations for the Woman of Distinction Award.
This annual award is given to a woman in recognition of her leadership in the struggle for gender equality and women's empowerment.
Criteria for WoDA Nominess for 2015
- Nominee must exhibit evidence-based leadership in her field of expertise
- Nominee must be an advocate for positive social change to close the leadership gap and create a more equitable society for women and girls
- Nominee must support policies, practices, attitudes, and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for women and girls connected to the SDGs and the Beijing Platform for Action
- Nominee must have demonstrated success in empowering women and girls in her projects
- Nominations are open to women from all regions
Please submit nominations to: WoDA@ngocsw.org
Deadline: 15 December 2015