The 32nd Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity will be held on April 25-26, 2016, at the Hawai'i Convention Center in Honolulu.
This year the conference will feature topic areas such as Advocacy: Claiming Our Voices, and Intersectionalities and Diversity.
The Pac Rim Call for Proposals is NOW OPEN, so be sure to submit your ideas to early! Learn more about how to submit a proposal here.
The Pacific Rim International Conference, is considered one of the most ‘diverse gatherings’ in the world, and encourages and respects voices from “diverse” perspective across numerous areas, including:
- voices from persons representing all disability areas;
- experiences of family members and supporters across all disability and diversity areas;
- responsiveness to diverse cultural and language differences;
- evidence of researchers and academics studying diversity and disability;
- stories of persons providing powerful lessons;
- examples of program providers, and;
- action plans to meet human and social needs in a globalized world.
For more information, please visit us at www.pacrim.hawaii.edu, or feel free to e-mail the organisers at [email protected], or call them at 1-808-956-7539.