Office of Human Rights Proceedings

How to apply for representation

Before you apply for legal representation

If you believe you have experienced unlawful discrimination, you must first make a complaint to the Human Rights Commission before applying to the Director of Human Rights Proceedings (Director) for free legal representation. You can make a complaint to the Commission by visiting their website

If the Commission's complaints process does not resolve your issue, you can apply to the Director to take your case to the Human Rights Review Tribunal. 

You can apply for legal representation by viewing and completing the following application pack. Please ensure that you read carefully all the information contained in the application pack before submitting your application form.